This means that in fact it does not need one
Place the synth's dll file (plus the subdir if supplied) into your VST folder. That's all.
To Vista/Se7en users: It is NOT recommended to keep your VST's in \Program Files\ folder (usually c:\Program Files\Steinberg\vstplugins) since a synth may need writing some files while working (usually on the first start). If you still need to keep them in such a place, and experiment problems - contact me for instructions or a special distributive version
Common controls (typical for many of Fsynthz)
- [octave] - overall transposition
Note: this control is usually global, i.e. the changed octave is kept while you browse the presets.
- [porta] - portamento time (for legato notes)
- [delay] - cross-delay amount
- [flng] - chorus-flanger amount. If tooltip says "Max Flange Is Middle", believe it (it means that you get maximum flanging in the middle of control; maximum control gets you no dry signal, i.e. stereo phase shift only)
- [shade] - a formant (notch filter) pitch
- [shift] - left/right timeshift (stereo enhance), comes with [L/R] global switch (the choise is kept while you browse presets). You are encouraged to use this L/R shift instead of stereo panning since: 1) panning tends to sound cheap and unnatural 2) panning changes the volume L/R balance, so you may overload a channel
- [Q]: filter Q (resonance)
- [init] or [icut]: the initial filter cutoff freq (before attack)
- [peak] or [yama]: the peak filter cutoff freq (after attack, before decay). Note that it may be lower than "init" (thus you get inverted envelope)
- [sweep]: the filter sweep, amount and rate in one control.
- [att] - attack sharpness + chiff click (up: shorter and sharper, dn: slower)
- [decay] - filter decay time (from "peak" back to "init")
- [A] [D] [S] [R] - Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release.
When Release set to "Auto" you get longer releases for longer notes. Great for playing fast passages to slow chords/drones.
This synth is probaly compiled with SynthEdit v1.0x. That means that, on several systems, you may face difficulties loading two same synths in one project. (Note: this never happens on single-core processors). Remedies are:
Questions, comments, suggestions, presets, anything else: F@Fsynthz.com